Google+
Google+

Wimbledon: Rafael Nadal beats Gilles Muller in third round

Jun 25, 2011

Defending champion Rafael Nadal closed out a 7-6 (8-6) 7-6 (7-5) 6-0 win over Luxembourg's Gilles Muller after their rain-hit match resumed at Wimbledon.

The Spaniard, who edged a first-set tie-break on Friday evening, was initially matched service game for service game by Muller once again.

But Muller dumped a backhand into the net to allow the second to slip away and then disintegrated in the third.

Nadal will face Juan Martin del Potro or Gilles Simon in the fourth round.
"I started the match without some rhythm and it is difficult because it is like a lottery," Nadal told reporters.
"But I was pleased with how I played in the tie-breaks especially today. I got all of my first seves in and was returning well. But I
am pleased to get through."

No comments:

Post a Comment