Google+
Google+

So What, if I'm a Girl?

May 6, 2011


So what, if I'm a girl
I'm as much a human
As you are


I'm also a person
Not a cause of war


But they didn't agree
'Cause I'm a girl


They gave me dishes
At the age when boys
Were playing with toys


They didn't share me in riches
But hand-me-down stuff


And if that wasn't enough
Rather than a worthy pat
I was always mocked at


When boys of my age
Will be entering college


They have plans to force me
To get tied in marriage


And the rest of my life
Will be quite obvious
Just be a good wife


Serve well, be dutious
But I ain't taking it anymore


It is time I explore
The world beyond this nest
Call me rebel or a pest


Girls all over the world
Are rising up and fast


No more discrimination
Forget things of the past


Guys. take a step back
Girls are at par with you


So what if I'm a girl?


What you can do I can do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment